June 22 - June 27, 2020
Trees for Tomorrow
519 Sheridan Street
Eagle River, WI 54521
Registration will open January 6, 2020!
Trees For Tomorrow (TFT), a natural resources specialty school, will be hosting a Master Naturalist Volunteer Training. Join TFT staff and regional experts in a week-long exploration of the waters, forests, wildlife, and geology that make the Northwoods so special. A continental breakfast and lunch are provided each day. Lodging is available for an additional cost payable to TFT.
The Wisconsin Master Naturalist program is a network of well-informed volunteers dedicated to conservation service, leadership, and lifelong learning. The Master Naturalist Volunteer Training provides 40 hours of coursework in natural history, interpretation, and conservation stewardship. Trainings combine classroom instruction with field experiences and are taught by professional natural resources educators and scientists. Once trained, Wisconsin Master Naturalists provide 40 hours of service and take 8 hours of advanced training each year to maintain their certification and receive a recognition pin.
June 22, 2020: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
June 23, 2020: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
June 24, 2020: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
June 25, 2020: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
June 26, 2020: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
June 27, 2020: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Course participants that want to be certified Master Naturalist Volunteers will be required to:
- Attend regularly. Only four hours of training may be missed.
- Participate in field trips, even in inclement weather.
- Travel in personal vehicles as necessary to reach field trip locations.
- Experience moderate activity on uneven terrain. Please consult with the program office firstname.lastname@example.org before registering if you have you have questions about accessibility.
- Complete a capstone project during the course.
If you would like to be considered for a scholarship, you must fill out the Master Naturalist scholarship form before registering. The Master Naturalist office will follow up with a special code to be used when you register.