July 20 - July 25, 2020
Retzer Nature Center
S14W28167 Madison Street
Waukesha, WI 53188
Registration will open January 6, 2020!
Waukesha County Parks and Friends of Retzer Nature Center are hosting a week-long Master Naturalist Volunteer Training at Retzer Nature Center, a 400 acre county park located in Waukesha. Join us from July 20-25, 2020, for an exploration of the prairies, forests, waters, wildlife, and geology of southeast Wisconsin. The course will include limited classroom time at Retzer Nature Center and local field experiences incorporated into each day of the training.
The Wisconsin Master Naturalist program is a network of well-informed volunteers dedicated to conservation service, leadership, and lifelong learning. The Master Naturalist Volunteer Training provides 40 hours of coursework in natural history, interpretation, and conservation stewardship. Trainings combine classroom instruction with field experiences and are taught by professional natural resources educators and scientists. Once trained, Wisconsin Master Naturalists provide 40 hours of service and take 8 hours of advanced training each year to maintain their certification and receive a recognition pin.
July 20: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
July 21: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
July 22: 9:00 am - 9:30 pm
* Field experience and classroom instruction from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; special citizen science field experience from 6-9:30 p.m.
July 23: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
July 24: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
July 25: 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
Course participants that want to be certified Master Naturalist Volunteers will be required to:
- Attend regularly. Only four hours of training may be missed.
- Participate in field trips, even in inclement weather.
- Travel in personal vehicles as necessary to reach field trip locations.
- Experience moderate activity on uneven terrain. Please consult with the program office firstname.lastname@example.org before registering if you have you have questions about accessibility.
- Complete a capstone project during the course.
If you would like to be considered for a scholarship, you must fill out the Master Naturalist scholarship form before registering. The Master Naturalist office will follow up with a special code to be used when you register.