The North Lakeland Discovery Center, in beautiful Northern Wisconsin, will host a Wisconsin Master Naturalist Volunteer training course in August and September. Programming will be held at the Discovery Center campus and outdoor classroom. Professional instructors, from professors to wildlife rehabbers, will share a wealth of knowledge at each class.
The Wisconsin Master Naturalist Program is a network of well-informed citizens dedicated to conservation education and service within Wisconsin communities. The Master Naturalist Volunteer Training Course provides 40 hours of coursework in natural history, interpretation, and conservation stewardship. Courses combine classroom instruction with field experiences and are taught by professional natural resources educators and scientists. Once trained, Wisconsin Master Naturalist Volunteers provide 40 hours of service and take 8 hours of advanced training each year to maintain their certification and receive a recognition pin.
Schedule: Starts August 15 and ends September 6, 2019. See full schedule below.
Fee: $275, includes all class materials and a one-year membership with the Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin. Bring your own lunch.
Location: North Lakeland Discovery Center, 14006 Discovery Lane, Manitowish Waters, WI 54545
PLEASE NOTE - Course participants that want to be certified Master Naturalist Volunteers will be required to:
- Attend at least 90% of classroom time and all field study.
- Participate in field trips, even in inclement weather.
- Some travel in personal vehicles may be necessary to rearch field trip locations.
- Some field trips may involve some moderate activity on uneven terrain. Please consult with the program office (firstname.lastname@example.org) before registering if you have concerns.
- Complete a capstone project during the course.
Registration deadline is August 5, 2019
- Maximum class size: 10
Course cancellation policies:
- If a registrant cancels his/her registration for this course prior to August 5, 2019, s/he will receive a full refund less a $25 administrative fee. No refund will be made if a registrant cancels after the course deadline (8/05/19).
- The Wisconsin Master Naturalist Program reserves the right to cancel a course if fewer than 10 people register by the registration deadline. If the program cancels the course, all registrants will receive a full refund.]
Register HERE or call (608)262-2451 and ask to register for course #0481
as of March 7, this course is full but will accept a waiting list.
Thursday, August 15: 10 a.m.-12 p.m., Introduction
Tuesday, August 20: 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Thursday, August 22: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesday, August 27: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday, August 29: 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Wednesday, September 4: 9 a.m.-5 p.m., mandatory field trip
Friday, September 6: 10 a.m.-2 p.m., capstone presentation