Wehr Nature Center will offer the Wisconsin Master Naturalist Volunteer training course beginning in April 2018. This will be the 5th Volunteer Training Course hosted at Wehr Nature Center!
The Wisconsin Master Naturalist Program is a network of well-informed citizens dedicated to conservation education and service within Wisconsin communities. The Master Naturalist Volunteer Training Course provides 40 hours of coursework in natural history, interpretation, and conservation stewardship. Courses combine classroom instruction with field experiences and are taught by professional natural resources educators and scientists. Once trained, Wisconsin Master Naturalist Volunteers provide 40 hours of service and take 8 hours of advanced training each year to maintain their certification and receive a recognition pin.
Schedule: This course will meet on Monday evenings from 5:30pm - 8:30pm with two full day Saturday field trips on the dates listed below.
- April 30
- May 7
- May 14
- May 21
- June 4
- June 11
- June 18
- June 25
Field Trips, 8:00am-4:00pm, will be held:
- Sat, May 12
- Sat, June 16
Fee: The course fee is $250 and includes all state program class materials and a one-year membership with the Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin. Wehr Nature Center will be collecting an additional $15 material fee to be paid directly to Friends of Wehr on the first day of class.
Location: Wehr Nature Center, 9701 W. College Ave., Franklin, WI 53132
PLEASE NOTE - Course participants that want to be certified Master Naturalist Volunteers will be required to:
- Attend at least 90% of classroom time and all field study.
- Participate in field trips, even in inclement weather.
- Some travel in personal vehicles may be necessary to reach field trip locations.
- Some field trips may involve some moderate activity on uneven terrain. Please consult with the program office (email@example.com) before registering if you have concerns.
- Complete a capstone project during the course.
Register HERE or call (608)262-2451 and ask to register for course #0410