Wehr Nature Center will offer the Wisconsin Master Naturalist Volunteer training course in 2017. Learn more about the Wisconsin Master Naturalist Program, a statewide effort to promote awareness, understanding and stewardship of Wisconsin's natural resources. Learn more about the Volunteer Training Course requirements.
Schedule: Monday evenings, 5:30-8:30 p.m., March 27-May 15, 2017. Also, full-day field trips will be held April 22 and May 6 - you must attend both field trips to be certified.
Fee: The course fee is $250 and includes all state program class materials and a one-year membership with the Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin. Wehr Nature Center will be collecting an additional $15 material fee to be paid directly to Friends of Wehr on the first day of class.
Location: Wehr Nature Center, 9701 W. College Ave., Franklin, WI 53132
PLEASE NOTE - Course participants that want to be certified Master Naturalist Volunteers will be required to:
- Read a good deal of material in preparation for each class.
- Attend at least 90% of classroom time and all field study.
- Participate in field trips, even in inclement weather.
- Some travel in personal vehicles may be necessary to reach field trip locations.
- Some field trips may involve some moderate activity on uneven terrain. Please consult with the program office (email@example.com) before registering if you have concerns.
- Complete a capstone project during the course.
- Registration deadline is March 18, 2017.
- Course cancellation policies:
- If a registrant cancels his/her registration for this course prior to March 18, 2017, s/he will receive a full refund less a $25 administrative fee. No refund will be made if a registrant cancels after the course deadline (March 18, 2017).
- The Wisconsin Master Naturalist Program reserves the right to cancel a course if fewer than 10 people register by the registration deadline. If the program cancels the course, all registrants will receive a full refund.