The North Lakeland Discovery Center, in beautiful Northern Wisconsin, will host a Wisconsin Master Naturalist Volunteer training course in August and September. Programming will be held at the Discovery Center campus and outdoor classroom. Professional instructors, from professors to wildlife rehabbers, will share a wealth of knowledge at each class. Learn more about the Wisconsin Master Naturalist Program, a statewide effort to promote awareness, understanding and stewardship of Wisconsin's natural resources. Learn more about the Volunteer Training Course requirements.
Schedule: Starts August 16 and ends September 7, 2018. See full schedule below.
Fee: $250 includes all class materials and a one-year membership with the Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin. Bring your own lunch.
Location: North Lakeland Discovery Center, 14006 Discovery Lane, Manitowish Waters, WI 54545
PLEASE NOTE - Course participants that want to be certified Master Naturalist Volunteers will be required to:
- Attend at least 90% of classroom time and all field study.
- Participate in field trips, even in inclement weather.
- Some travel in personal vehicles may be necessary to rearch field trip locations.
- Some field trips may involve some moderate activity on uneven terrain. Please consult with the program office (firstname.lastname@example.org) before registering if you have concerns.
- Complete a capstone project during the course.
Registration deadline is August 6, 2018
- Maximum class size: 10
Course cancellation policies:
- If a registrant cancels his/her registration for this course prior to August 6, 2018, s/he will receive a full refund less a $25 administrative fee. No refund will be made if a registrant cancels after the course deadline (8/06/18).
- The Wisconsin Master Naturalist Program reserves the right to cancel a course if fewer than 10 people register by the registration deadline. If the program cancels the course, all registrants will receive a full refund.
Registration opens January 17, 2018
Thursday, August 16: 10 a.m.-12 p.m., Introduction
Tuesday, August 21: 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Thursday, August 23: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesday, August 28: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday, August 30: 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Wednesday, September 5: 9 a.m.-5 p.m., mandatory field trip
Friday, September 7: 10 a.m.-2 p.m., capstone presentation