The North Lakeland Discovery Center, in beautiful Northern Wisconsin, will host a Wisconsin Master Naturalist Volunteer training course during September. Programming will be held at the Discovery Center campus and outdoor classroom. Professional instructors, from professors to wildlife rehabbers, will share a wealth of knowledge at each class. Learn more about the Wisconsin Master Naturalist Program, a statewide effort to promote awareness, understanding and stewardship of Wisconsin's natural resources. Learn more about the Volunteer Training Course requirements.
Schedule: Starts August 21 and ends September 20, 2017. See full schedule below.
Fee: $250 includes all class materials and a one-year membership with the Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin.
Location: North Lakeland Discovery Center, 14006 Discovery Lane, Manitowish Waters, WI 54545
PLEASE NOTE - Course participants that want to be certified Master Naturalist Volunteers will be required to:
- Read a good deal of material in preparation for each class.
- Attend at least 90% of classroom time and all field study.
- Participate in field trips, even in inclement weather.
- Some travel in personal vehicles may be necessary to rearch field trip locations.
- Some field trips may involve some moderate activity on uneven terrain. Please consult with the program office (email@example.com) before registering if you have concerns.
- Complete a capstone project during the course.
Registration deadline is August 7, 2017
- Maximum class size: 12
Course cancellation policies:
- If a registrant cancels his/her registration for this course prior to August 7, 2017, s/he will receive a full refund less a $25 administrative fee. No refund will be made if a registrant cancels after the course deadline (8/07/17).
- The Wisconsin Master Naturalist Program reserves the right to cancel a course if fewer than 10 people register by the registration deadline. If the program cancels the course, all registrants will receive a full refund.
Full schedule: (REVISED 3/14/17)
Monday, August 21: 10 a.m.-12 p.m., Introduction
Wednesday, August 23: 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Thursday, August 31: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday, September 6: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday, September 13: 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Saturday, September 16: 9 a.m.-5 p.m., mandatory field trip
Wednesday, September 20: 10 a.m.-2 p.m., capstone presentation and celebration!