Milwaukee Recreation is partnering with the DNR at Lapham Peak Unit of Kettle Moraine Southern State Forest to offer the Wisconsin Master Naturalist Training Course. Naturalists from Hawthorn Glen Outdoor Education will provide class instruction with field experience proffered by the beautiful glaciated terrain. Ample opportunities to learn from experts such as property managers, friends groups & urban foresters. The course will culminate with an Outdoor Skills Day presented for the public.
Learn more about the WI Master Naturalist Program, a statewide effort to promote awareness, understanding and stewardship of Wisconsin's natural resources. Learn more about the Volunteer Training Course requirements.
Schedule: August 3 – October 7, 2017, exact dates and times:
- Thursday, August 3, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 10, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, August 12, 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 17, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 24, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, August 26, 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 31, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 7, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 14, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 21, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 28, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, September 30, 9:30 a.m.-noon
- Thursday, October 5, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 7, noon-8 p.m.
Fee: $250 includes all class materials and a one-year membership with the Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin.
Location: Lapham Peak Unit, Kettle Moraine State Forest South, W329 N846 County Rd C, Delafield, WI, 53018
PLEASE NOTE - Course participants that want to be certified Master Naturalist Volunteers will be required to:
- Attend at least 90% of classroom time and all field study.
- Participate in field trips, even in inclement weather.
- Some travel in personal vehicles may be necessary to reach field trip locations.
- Some field trips may involve some moderate activity on uneven terrain. Please consult with the program office (email@example.com) before registering if you have concerns.
- Complete a capstone project during the course.
- Registration deadline is July 25, 2017
- Course cancellation policies:
- If a registrant cancels his/her registration for this course prior to July 25, 2017, s/he will receive a full refund less a $25 administrative fee. No refund will be made if a registrant cancels after the course deadline (07/25/2017).
- The Wisconsin Master Naturalist Program reserves the right to cancel a course if fewer than 10 people register by the registration deadline. If the program cancels the course, all registrants will receive a full refund.
Register HERE or call (608)262-2451 and ask to register for course #0436