Friends of Hartman Creek and Hartman Creek State Park will partner to offer the Master Naturalist Volunteer training course in one week. Classes will be held at the park’s shelter and field trips will occur every day, mostly within the park boundaries.
The Wisconsin Master Naturalist Program is a network of well-informed citizens dedicated to conservation education and service within Wisconsin communities. The Master Naturalist Volunteer Training Course provides 40 hours of coursework in natural history, interpretation, and conservation stewardship. Courses combine classroom instruction with field experiences and are taught by professional natural resources educators and scientists. Once trained, Wisconsin Master Naturalist Volunteers provide 40 hours of service and take 8 hours of advanced training each year to maintain their certification and receive a recognition pin.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, August 27-31, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Lunch and lodging on your own.
Fee: $250 includes all class materials and a one-year membership with the Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin.
Location: Hartman Creek State Park, N2480 Hartman Creek Rd, Waupaca, WI 54981
PLEASE NOTE - Course participants that want to be certified Master Naturalist Volunteers will be required to:
- Attend at least 90% of classroom time and all field study.
- Participate in field trips, even in inclement weather.
- Some travel in personal vehicles may be necessary to reach field trip locations.
- Some field trips may involve some moderate activity on uneven terrain. Please consult with the program office (email@example.com) before registering if you have concerns.
- Complete a capstone project during the course.
- Registration deadline is August 10, 2018
- Class size is limited to 18 participants.
- Course cancellation policies:
- If a registrant cancels his/her registration for this course prior to August 10, 2018, s/he will receive a full refund less a $25 administrative fee. No refund will be made if a registrant cancels after the course deadline (08/10/2018).
- The Wisconsin Master Naturalist Program reserves the right to cancel a course if fewer than 10 people register by the registration deadline. If the program cancels the course, all registrants will receive a full refund.
Register HERE or call (608)262-2451 and ask to register for course # 0425