Friends of Hartman Creek State Park and Hartman Creek State Park will partner to offer the Wisconsin Master Naturalist Volunteer training course in a week-long course this August. Learn more about the Wisconsin Master Naturalist Program, a statewide effort to promote awareness, understanding and stewardship of Wisconsin's natural resources. Learn more about the Volunteer Training course requirements.
Schedule: August 14-18, 2017; 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Field study will be incorporated into each day.
Fee: The course fee is $250 and includes all class materials and a one-year membership to the Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin. Bring your own lunch.
Location: Hartman Creek State Park, N2480 Hartman Creek Rd, Waupaca, WI 54981
PLEASE NOTE - Course participants that want to be certified Master Naturalist Volunteers will be required to:
- Attend at least 90% of classroom time and all field study.
- Participate in field trips, even in inclement weather.
- Some travel in personal vehicles may be necessary to reach field trip locations.
- Some field trips may involve some moderate activity on uneven terrain. Please consult with the program office (email@example.com) if you have concerns.
- Complete a capstone project during the course.
This course is full. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added our waiting list.
- Class size is limited to 20 participants.
- Cancellation policies:
- If a registrant cancels his/her registration for this course prior to August 7, 2017, s/he will receive a full refund less a $25 administrative fee. No refund will be made if a registrant cancels after the course deadline (8/07/17).
- The Wisconsin Master Naturalist Program reserves the right to cancel a course if fewer than 10 people register by the registration deadline. If the program cancels the course, all registrants will receive a full refund.