Friends of Urban Nature (FUN) will offer the Wisconsin Master Naturalist Training course beginning in July 2017. This course will make use of the ecology of Warner Park, Cherokee Marsh and various nearby sites where we will meet with experts in each of our study topics. Madison's northeast side and surrounding areas include excellent examples of Wisconsin's geology, ecology, and human impacts. Wisconsin's water: lakes, rivers, streams, and the life forms they support, will be woven into all of our studies. Participants will also learn about many opportunities for community involvement.
Enjoy learning more about a range of nature subjects from friendly and highly qualified expert instructors. Each fascinating Saturday session in July and August includes a mix of classroom training and field trips. You are sure to enjoy the outdoor time and hands-on learning.
Schedule: Saturdays, July 8, July 15. July 22, August 5, August 12, August 19; 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Fee: $250 includes all class materials and a one-year membership with the Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin. Bring your own lunch.
Location: Warner Park Community Recreation Center, 1625 Northport Drive, Madison, WI 53704
PLEASE NOTE - Course participants that want to be certified Master Naturalist Volunteers will be required to:
- Read a good deal of material in preparation for each class.
- Attend at least 90% of classroom time and all field study.
- Participate in field trips, even in inclement weather.
- Some travel in personal vehicles may be necessary to reach field trip locations.
- Some field trips may involve some moderate activity on uneven terrain. Please consult with the program office (firstname.lastname@example.org) before registering if you have concerns.
- Complete a capstone project during the course.
- Registration deadline is May 31, 2017
- Class size is limited to 20 participants.
- Course cancellation policies:
- If a registrant cancels his/her registration for this course prior to May 31, 2017, s/he will receive a full refund less a $25 administrative fee. No refund will be made if a registrant cancels after the course deadline (5/31/17).
- The Wisconsin Master Naturalist Program reserves the right to cancel a course if fewer than 10 people register by the registration deadline. If the program cancels the course, all registrants will receive a full refund.