Camp Y-Koda Outdoor Skills and Education will host a Wisconsin Master Naturalist Volunteer training course on Thursdays, in August and September. Participants will visit the Ice Age Center with Naturalist Jackie Scharfenberg, and Maywood Environmental Park in Sheboygan with Executive Director and Naturalist David Kuckuk, as well as visiting many other natural areas in and around Sheboygan County with retired wildlife biologist Steve Klock and Dale Katsma and Environmental Educator Sarah De Zwarte. The course will place emphasis on the Sheboygan River and include citizen science opportunities and a canoe trip on the river. The majority of the day will be spent in the field learning about local resources.
Schedule: Thursdays, August 16-September 20 (no class on August 30); 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Fee: $250 includes all class materials and a one-year membership with the Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin. Bring your own lunch.
Scholarships: Sheboygan County Conservation Association is offering $125 scholarships to offset the regstiration fee for this course. If you would like to be considered for the reduced fee, you must fill out the Master Naturalist scholarship form before registering. The Master Naturalist office will follow up with a special code to be used when you register.
Location: W3340 Sunset Road, Sheboygan Falls, WI 53085
PLEASE NOTE - Course participants who wish to become certified Master Naturalist Volunteers will be required to:
- Attend at least 90% of classroom time and all field study.
- Participate in field trips, even in inclement weather.
- Some travel in personal vehicles may be necessary to reach field trip locations.
- Some field trips may involve some moderate activity on uneven terrain. Please consult with the program office (firstname.lastname@example.org) before registering if you have concerns.
- Complete a capstone project during the course.
- Registration deadline is August 6, 2018
- Class size is limited to 20 participants.
- Course cancellation policies:
- If a registrant cancels his/her registration for this course prior to August 6, 2018, s/he will receive a full refund less a $25 administrative fee. No refund will be made if a registrant cancels after the course deadline (08/06/2018).
- The Wisconsin Master Naturalist Program reserves the right to cancel a course if fewer than 8 people register by the registration deadline. If the Program cancels the course, all registrants will receive a full refund.
Register HERE (check back January 17)