Beaver Creek Reserve, located near beautiful Fall Creek, WI (20 minutes from Eau Claire) is hosting a Master Naturalist Training for the second year in a row. The training promises to be an exciting experience with talks by local experts on invasive plants, animal ecology, forest ecology, geology, wetland diversity, astronomy and many more topics. The training will also include field trips to several locations to learn more about native ecology, soils and our local surroundings. This class is a fantastic opportunity for you if you've ever wanted to expand your knowledge base surrounding natural resources. Beaver Creek has no shortage of volunteer opportunities for you after the class is finished. We have volunteer opportunities such as assisting with our butterfly house and helping with our Discovery Room. We hope to see you in June!
The Wisconsin Master Naturalist Program is a network of well-informed citizens dedicated to conservation education and service within Wisconsin communities. The Master Naturalist Volunteer Training Course provides 40 hours of coursework in natural history, interpretation, and conservation stewardship. Courses combine classroom instruction with field experiences and are taught by professional natural resources educators and scientists. Once trained, Wisconsin Master Naturalist Volunteers provide 40 hours of service and take 8 hours of advanced training each year to maintain their certification and receive a recognition pin.
Schedule: Monday- Saturday, June 4-9, 2018
Monday, June 4: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesday, June 5: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday, June 6: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday, June 7: 8:30 a.m.-10 p.m. *This will be a long day and will include an evening astronomy program. There will be breaks throughout the day.
Friday, June 8: 10:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Saturday, June 9: 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Fee: $250 includes all class materials and a one-year membership with the Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin. Lunch and lodging on your own.
Location: Beaver Creek Reserve, S1 County Road K, Fall Creek, WI 54742
PLEASE NOTE - Course participants that want to be certified Master Naturalist Volunteers will be required to:
- Attend at least 90% of classroom time and all field study.
- Participate in field trips, even in inclement weather.
- Some travel in personal vehicles may be necessary to reach field trip locations.
- Some field trips may involve some moderate activity on uneven terrain. Please consult with the program office (email@example.com) before registering if you have concerns.
- Complete a capstone project during the course.
- Registration deadline is May 24, 2018
- Class size is limited to 15 participants.
- Course cancellation policies:
- If a registrant cancels his/her registration for this course prior to May 24, 2018, s/he will receive a full refund less a $25 administrative fee. No refund will be made if a registrant cancels after the course deadline (05/24/18).
- The Wisconsin Master Naturalist Program reserves the right to cancel a course if fewer than 10 people register by the registration deadline. If the program cancels the course, all registrants will receive a full refund.
Register HERE or call (608)262-2451 and ask to register for course # 0402