Friends of Kohler-Andrae State Park will offer the Wisconsin Master Naturalist Volunteer Training course beginning in May 2018.
The Wisconsin Master Naturalist Program is a network of well-informed citizens dedicated to conservation education and service within Wisconsin communities. The Master Naturalist Volunteer Training Course provides 40 hours of coursework in natural history, interpretation, and conservation stewardship. Courses combine classroom instruction with field experiences and are taught by professional natural resources educators and scientists. Once trained, Wisconsin Master Naturalist Volunteers provide 40 hours of service and take 8 hours of advanced training each year to maintain their certification and receive a recognition pin.
Schedule: Saturdays, May 5-June 9, 2018; 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m.; Saturday, June 16, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Class will not meet on May 26.
Fee: $250 includes all class materials and a one-year membership with the Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin. Bring your own lunch.
Scholarships: If you would like to be considered for a scholarship, you must fill out the Master Naturalist scholarship form before registering. The Master Naturalist office will follow up with a special code to be used when you register.
Location: Sanderling Nature Center, Kohler-Andrae State Park, 1020 Beach Park Lane, Sheboygan, WI 53081
PLEASE NOTE - Course participants that want to be certified Master Naturalist Volunteers will be required to:
- Attend at least 90% of classroom time and all field study.
- Participate in field trips, even in inclement weather.
- Some travel in personal vehicles may be necessary to rearch field trip locations.
- Some field trips may involve some moderate activity on uneven terrain. Please consult with the program office (email@example.com) before registering if you have concerns.
- Complete a capstone project during the course.
Registration deadline is April 28, 2018
Course cancellation policies:
- If a registrant cancels his/her registration for this course prior to April 21, 2018, s/he will receive a full refund less a $25 administrative fee. No refund will be made if a registrant cancels after the course deadline (4/21/18).
- The Wisconsin Master Naturalist Program reserves the right to cancel a course if fewer than 10 people register by the registration deadline. If the Program cancels the course, all registrants will receive a full refund.